Thanks to Kyle for opening his house and all his fly fishing gear for us (Sars, Dahmer, Harper, Prokop, Geb).  I believe Birmingham has a new fly shop that no one knows about yet, it's called Cowboy's house.  This was more than just tying flies, Kyle, took us through the rods and reels for just about every situation (I see accountability issues. Kyle needs buddies to go into fly shops with him).  Kyle broke down for us the rods, reels, different types of lines then led us into the flies and their stages.  That's when the real fun started and we got into what Erin called, "man crafts" and started to tie flies.  It was great fun, informative, with excellent chili and cornbread too!

We discussed doing this monthly so if you're interested or just like to hang out with the guys and tie some flies keep an eye out on the calendar for the next Fly Tying roundup.

Thanks again Kyle!

You need to be a member of FieldandStreamTeam to add comments!

Join FieldandStreamTeam

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i would definately be interested...i need more fishing buddies who prefer the "buggy whips"
  • Thanks for a great night Kyle.
  • Yes,

Thank you Kyle for all the fun and info.  I had a great time and look forward to next time.

This reply was deleted.