Meet up is at 7:45 at Steve Buchan's house in Huntingon Woods. Steve has offered to provide coffee and bagels to those who arrive on time so we can leave by 8:15. See the attached map and feel free to call Steve if you get lost 248-320-9385.

Note: on the turn to Lincoln, west off Woodward there is a BP gas station right on the corner of Lincoln and woodward. Can't miss it. Steve's street is the second right.

WARNING: This is not a Dave Ramsey endorsed road trip.  More likely, you will be encouraged to buy that gun/bow/stuff you've been thinking about buying ;-)

View Larger Map

You need to be a member of FieldandStreamTeam to add comments!

Join FieldandStreamTeam

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Meet up is at 7:45 am at Lord Buchan's Manor in Huntington Woods. Here's a link to a map on Google or use your preferred map software. 26044 Dundee, Huntington Woods, MI. Steve's cell in case you get lost on the way 248-320-9385.
  • sorry... can't make it due to being out of town later this week. Keep the activities coming... Greg
  • I in and can take up to 5 guys in my truck.
  • Sars -

Good idea....I will meet you guys there around 9:30 am. I already planned on being in Ann Arbor for the rest of the day - so carpooling will not be good for me. I want to pick up that DVD from the Jim Petty ATV Racing Series. Also getting stuff for GGG at Bucks Only.

Jon
    2-840-2983
  • Yep, the bolt action was so much smoother and it just seemed put together better. The 770 seemed to be kinda cheap. The Marlin was $299 regular price compared to the 770 combo for the same price. The guy at Cabela's said to watch for the Marlin which gets knocked down $20-$30 every once in a while, pick that up. Then look for a good scope on sale and hopefully get a much nicer set up for $400.

See you tonight :)

paul deciechi said:
    Defenitly would go with the XL7!!!! For the money way better gun!!

Chris Sarsfield said:
    Paul, I sent Dave K a lot of links to message boards about that 770 243. I was looking at possibly getting the 270 version. We went and looked at them and compared to the Marlin XL7, Sterling, and even the Mossberg there was no comparison in the quality of the workmanship. I'm going to hold off on the 270. The guy said the Marlin goes on sale every once in a while, recommended to pick that up and find a scope on sale and probably get a set up $100-$130 more than the combo but have a much higher quality set up. Dave and I agreed and both passed on the guns. I was trying to get Dave to buy the Remington R-25 for coyote hunting :)
  • Chris-- Look at the Savage 270, out of the box, there is not a better gun. Also, the R-15 (223) that Jim won at WGD is a great Coyote and deer gun. It is a AR-15, they just can't call it that. All AR-15 products bolt up to it.
  • Paul, I sent Dave K a lot of links to message boards about that 770 243. I was looking at possibly getting the 270 version. We went and looked at them and compared to the Marlin XL7, Sterling, and even the Mossberg there was no comparison in the quality of the workmanship. I'm going to hold off on the 270. The guy said the Marlin goes on sale every once in a while, recommended to pick that up and find a scope on sale and probably get a set up $100-$130 more than the combo but have a much higher quality set up. Dave and I agreed and both passed on the guns. I was trying to get Dave to buy the Remington R-25 for coyote hunting :)
  • sounds good i might be able to do that
  • Nope, just saw it said April, meant March :)
  • do u mean the 24th i would like to but im going to pick up the new boat from port clinton ohio a 3.5 -4 hour ride on the water cant wait, have fun at cabelas anyways
This reply was deleted.