FAST has been honored by Steve and Paula Andrews who have requested our
assistance at their daughter's wedding at the Independence Oakes Park on
July 10, 2010.  The reason our assistance is needed is because this wedding will be unlike
those you are accustomed to.  It copies the custom found in Christian
weddings in Africa--where all are invited to celebrate and bring food.
Thus, in many respects, its an "open wedding".  Steve's daughter, Lyndee,
experienced this type of celebration during their service to the Kingdom in
African.  She seeks to repeat it here.  For more, visit the future bride and
groom's website, http://camandlyndee.com/.  

In short, there's going to a lot of people!We will have many responsibilities, yet to be fully
determined, to assist them.  Much more will be forthcoming.  Because both
men and women are needed to serve, we have also (after asking, of course)
indicated the "Ladies of Fast' will be there to assist as well.  What an
incredible opportunity to give back to Steve Andrews and his family for all
they have done for FAST and KCC.  So mark your calendars--we have a job to
do!

You need to be a member of FieldandStreamTeam to add comments!

Join FieldandStreamTeam

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am cooking with Joe Grainey for this awesome ceremony....but I have an idea to bounce off you guys....actually several ideas:

1. Pork Shoulders: I am planning on smoking one shoulder/butt on Friday night. Then serving pull pork sandwiches to the FAST gang on Saturday during the ceremony. Anyone interested on getting a couple more shoulders or butts for me to smoke & serve? My new smoker can accomodate upto four average pieces (5# ea). Just let me know if you feel like donating another shoulder, bbq sauce and buns. I will bring enough supplies for one shoulder. I will work it out with Petty on the marinade prior to the smokefest. Call me if you are interested 248-840-2983.

2. Bass Fishing on Crooked Lake: since the wedding is in the early afternoon...anyone want to bass fish in the morning? I don't have a boat ready to go fishing, but I do have waders and rods. So what if you smell like deet during the wedding. So will others. I do not know if Crooked Lake has any bass in it. Just a brain fart. I have to back on the grille by noontime. So fishing from 6 am - 11 am?? Again call me if you are interested.
  • I am in and My wife has already spoken to Paula about her part
    Kevin
  • Guys, please list your email address you'd like to be contact at for further info about helping with the Andrews wedding. Chuck and Paul are creating a list to send to KCC. Thanks.
  • Jim and Michelle Kaminski are there for whatever is needed
  • Kay and I are in, Delaney too.
  • Robin and I are going.
  • Amy and I are in
  • I am in
This reply was deleted.