Iowa

Here is my story!!I just got back from Iowa where my bother 2 friends and I went to South West Iowa after big Whitetails. It was a self guided hunt where we basically paid a guide to hunt on his land and hunt out of his stands.We got there on Sunday noon and in the woods by 2. First hunt I seen 2 8pts and 6 doesHunted all day both Mon and Tues saw lots of deer just didnt get a shot at a big one.Wed am more of the same, Wed pm got in stand at 2 didnt see nothing till 4:15 25 yards in front of me pops out a doe in thick cover, she looks behind her puts hear head down ears back and tries to sneak away!! I know the bucks coming, I stand up, put my release o, pick a spot the size of a basketball thru the brush and wait. It takes the buck about 10 seconds then he walks out, I see horns, huge neck and body he stops in my lane I draw and shoot!! From the time I seen his horns till the time I touch the release.....3 seconds!!! perfect shot he runs bihind some big cedars I hear a big crash and then nothing.... I call my guide he tells me to give it half and hour then he willl be there.I did alot of praying in that half hour!!!!! At one time I dont know if it was the holly spirit or Craig but I could hear a voice saying "Dont promise anything You cant keep".Thanks Craig I think!!!!Well we found him after 30 yards and you can see from the pictures he is a beast. Biggest buck I ever killed by far!!!!

You need to be a member of FieldandStreamTeam to add comments!

Join FieldandStreamTeam

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Paul,
    Great buck! Don't you love it when everything just seems to come together? We have so many stories when it doesn't, it sure is nice to hear when it does!
  • Paul, it is an awesome buck ! I just got back from the opener in Michigan and I think I shot your bucks little brother. No pics , so just imagine yours but with only 4 points and much smaller.

Congrats !!!
  • Great work Paul! I can't wait to get my hands on that rack. Oh, It will look right at home with Trent's trophy's in your basement. Very nice!
  • Congrats Paul! I've been waiting to hear the story. Now what? ;-)
This reply was deleted.