Anyone with middle school-high school aged shooters may be interested in this program.  We ran into one of River's old baseball buddies who is in the program and loves it.  Please reach out to Coach Rick for more details.  It sounds like an excellent program.  We plan to go when we can, but it's not an all or every Sunday requirement.  Shooting is free for the youths, but you are required to buy shells through the club which runs $5/ box.  This is a great way to have your son/ daughter to learn to shoot the proper way.  They have shotguns for the kids to try and use.  This allows the kids to grow through sizes or move/up down between gauges.  

Hi, this is Coach Rick from DSC Junior Shotgun.  

Junior Shotgun will be this Wednesday at Sporting Clays. Please show up at the skeet/trap building first as Head Coach Bill will have new athlete registration forms to be completed for this coming year at SCTP. Try to arrive around 3:30 PM if possible.

Our next scheduled practice will be September 8th which is on a Sunday. All of our practices will then be held on Sunday’s. Meet at the Skeet/Trap building between 11:30 AM and noon. Both skeet and sporting Clays will be scheduled for our athletes. As always, you have a choice of which discipline to pursue. 

We are welcoming two new coaches for next year. This gives us the flexibility to pursue more individualized and/or small group instruction. 

Your registration packets should be completed and turned into Head Coach Bill no later than the end of the month.

All of the coaching staff are looking forward to a successful fun year .

Thank you,

Coach Rick Stanfield

rstanf5683@aol.com

(586) 739-3500

49800 Dequindre Rd, Shelby Charter Twp, MI 48317

You need to be a member of FieldandStreamTeam to add comments!

Join FieldandStreamTeam

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Matt and I took a group of kids and dads out to the DSC for the skeet shooting. They've begun the fall schedule which is noon on Sundays. It looks like this will become a pretty regular thing for a group of us. The boys enjoyed it and it was only $15 for them to shoot 50 rounds with instruction which also includes ammo. Let me or Matt know if you're interested or have a middle/ high schooler that may be interested. We have the forms scanned in and can email them if interested.
This reply was deleted.