Hey Guys, as “somewhat” described last night...

My Men’s small group has embarked on a journey to build a well for the Pokot tribe in Kenya. It would be great if you could help me and our Band of Brothers. We have been extremely moved by a tribe in Kenya called the Pokot and our mission is to build a fresh water well that will support an entire village, our cost is $21,000. The Pokot people are sick and dying because they don't have access to clean water. I can't even think what it must be like to get up in the morning and have empty faucets and no food to the point where every day is a survival exercise.

I understand that one man's passion does not make it your burden but if you are inclined, here is how you can help:

1) Make a Pledge/Donation - Attached is a generic brochure about the Hope Water Project and what we are trying to accomplish. If you can't make the event described below but want to help the cause, please feel free to donate on-line. One of our members (Chris Bishop) created a site under the Hope Water Project to make this a tax deductible donation:

Donate Here

Not required but if you do donate please let me know off-line so I can personally thank you… rgwekwert@att.net

2) Join the Free Throw Marathon on Friday May 10th or Saturday May 11th (Oakland Christian School in Auburn Hills) - Attached is the Free Throw Marathon Brochure/Sponsor sheet. We'd love to see each shooter raise $100 or $200 but there is really no amount too small or too big. PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE FREE THROW MARATHON A.S.A.P. - In order to make sure we don't have an issue with overcrowding, we have set up a very simple reservation process. You don't have to provide an exact time but just a general block of time that you will be arriving. You can always update your time later to an available slot, if you have any issues please contact me directly. The event should come up as the "Hope Water Project"

3) PLEASE pass this message along and Recruit Shooters - Please pass the word. If we had 50 people each go out and recruit 3 people then our goal will be met easily. Encourage your friends and family to participate and just get the word out. I know these folks from the Pokot Tribe are thousands of miles away but if these people were our neighbors there is no way we would let this stand. So we shouldn't let geography be an excuse. We are also very committed to helping people in our own community but these people really need us and we can be an answer to their prayers. The attached flyer includes a sponsor and donation sheet.

4) Finally, Pray, Pray, Pray – Please pray for our men’s group. This is a new endeavor for our small men’s group (Band of Brothers) to do something of this size; we are only about 20 humble guys. Other than this project - in just the last couple months we have been working monthly with the Detroit Lions Academy at the alternative high school for teens that have no other options for middle and high school in downtown Detroit. For these youth this is their last opportunity for an education, we simply play basketball with them and let them know we care. We also regularly work with the Grace Centers of Hope, Grace Warming Center, Right Choices, and general requests for prayer.

If you would like more information please visit our Facebook page at

www.facebook.com/bobkenyawater or www.hopewaterproject.org

Thanks so much for your support and generosity. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Bob Wekwert

248 651-4123 (Office)

rgwekwert@att.net (Personal email)

“What you are is God's gift to you, what you make of yourself is your gift to God.”

You need to be a member of FieldandStreamTeam to add comments!

Join FieldandStreamTeam

Email me when people reply –